[exim] loss of .forwarding

Autor: T. Horsnell
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] loss of .forwarding
exim-4.43-1 on an AMD Opteron box, RHEL4.5.

[root@ls1 ~]$ uname -a
Linux ls1.lmb.internal 2.6.9-22.0.1.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Oct 18 18:39:02 EDT 2005 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I'm in the process of moving from our Alpha-hosted mailstore to
the above box, and have hit a problem with mail forwarding,
which no longer seems to work.

The exim config on the new box is almost identical to the
one on the Alpha, apart from hostname change and a change
to make it deliver straight into the users mbox instead
of to a shared spool (I'm running dovecot on the new box)
and there are certainly no changes in the transport which
handles pipe deliveries:

address_pipe:
driver = pipe
return_output

I see no errors being logged in the exim log when I send
a msg to a user with a .forward file, and no evidence
of any .forwarding attempt by exim.

Any suggestions where I might start looking?

Thanks,
Terry

Terry Horsnell (tsh@???)
I.T. Manager