Re: [exim-dev] Extended SMTP DATA Reply

Autor: Wakko Warner
A: David Saez Padros
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Extended SMTP DATA Reply
David Saez Padros wrote:
> I've ssen this on another mailing list:
>
> There's a proposal for a "Extended SMTP DATA Reply" SMTP extension
> by Sam Varshavchik (the author of the Courier MTA) that allows
> recipient-specific replies to the DATA command to be given:
>
>    http://www.courier-mta.org/draft-varshavchik-verp-smtpext.txt

> Maybe it could be of interest given the number of messages
> on exim's mailing list related to problems that could be solved
> implementing this proposal

Sounds like LMTP to me. Which I don't see why LMTP isn't used for this, the
only difference that I recall is the fact that instead of EHLO/HELO, it does
LHLO and at the post data phase, it gives a code for each recipient. Other
than that, it seems like it is just ESMTP. I'm not sure about extensions
such as pipelining, auth, etc with LMTP.

Got Gas???