Re: [exim] exim loggin

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Renaud Allard
A: mark
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] exim loggin

Mark Bell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to exim (4.5) and looking for logging advice/help. Searched through
> archives to no avail.
>
> Basically I just want to increase my log level to get more info in the
> mainlog.
>
> For each msg I get this at the moment:
>
> 2006-11-17 09:51:24 1Gl0NX-0004w8-3W => emailaddress@??? R=dnslookup
> T=remote_smtp H=mx1.hotmail.com [65.54.245.8]
> 2006-11-17 09:51:24 1Gl0NX-0004w8-3W Completed

This indeed means the message has reached hotmail servers

> But the message never arrives in the hotmail acct, I'm hoping a little more
> log detail will glean the reason.

It does not go into recipient mailbox because of the extremely buggy
spam filters used by hotmail. Hotmail accepts everything and delete most
mails silently with a very high false positive rate.

If you try to complain to hotmail, they will just ask you to fill out
pages of info about you, your mail server, your dog and your friends.
And when you are done with it, your mails still won't pass their spam
filters. If you complain again, they will ask you to set SPF records.
But your mails still won't pass. So just complain once more and they
will tell you to set up sender-id on your server. Forget about it, just
warn your users that mail delivery to hotmail is not garanteed at all
due to the extremely poor quality of hotmail.
Note: the above is true and I have seen it.