Re: [exim] Address rewriting or what else?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Address rewriting or what else?
On Friday 17 November 2006 05:44, Bertram Scharpf wrote:
> on an old Debian system an Exim3 works quite fine here. This
> is another attempt to switch to Exim4. My mails still refuse
> to leave the local network. I was working on it for several
> hours; I'm almost knocked off now.

What's the direct cause of them not leaving your network? What does the log
say?

> My test message comes from a host other than the gateway and
> it contains a line as:
>
> "From: <info@???>"
>
> I analyzed the temporary files /var/spool/exim/input/*-H on
> the gateway and detected the following differences:
>
> Line 2, Exim 3:
> <info@???>
> Line 2, Exim 4:
> <user@???>

Don't you mean line 3 (counting from line 1)? Line 2 should contain the user
name, uid, and gid of the process executing exim (exim/Debian-exim in the
case of mail received over SMTP).

> Last Lines, Exim 3:
> 051* Sender: <user@???>
> 035S Sender: <info@???>
> 058* X-rewrote-sender: user@???
>
> Last Line, Exim 4:
> 051* Sender: <user@???>

Those lines marked with "*" are deleted/replaced header lines. Isn't there a
non-deleted Sender: line?

> I guess this has something to do with address rewriting but
> when looking at the exim.conf both of them contain the line
>
> *@* $header_from: Fs
>
> in the rewrite area. I tried loads of slight modifications
> of this, too. Asking for a -d+all option I yield an error
> message saying the rewriting failed because of the
> $header_from variable was empty.

I think we need more information; more of your configuration and log output.

Also try

$ exim4 -bh -d+all <IP address of "host other than the gateway">

which lets you simulate an SMTP connection from that host.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)