Re: [exim] Removing the local_user Router

Autor: Bill Moseley
A: Exim, Users
Assumptes nous: Re: [exim] Limiting routers to specific hosts (was: Removing the local_user Router)
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Removing the local_user Router
On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 11:57:16PM +0000, Peter Bowyer wrote:

> local_user:
>       driver = accept
>       local_parts = lsearch;/etc/local_users
>       verify_only

Ok, tried to do something a little more complex and got stuck.
It's getting too late to think about this, I suspect.

Again, all local mail is delivered via procmail. I want to prevent
mail being delivered to "users" just because they are in /etc/passwd
or in /etc/aliases.

So, for all mail that is not generated locally, I will use a lookup
to see if they are a local user.

If the file doesn't exist I want to fall back to using
"check_local_user".

    # If LOCAL_USERS exists check that the local_part is in that file
    local_user_listed:
        debug_print = "R: local_user for $local_part@$domain"
        driver = accept
        verify_only
        check_local_user
        require_files = LOCAL_USERS
        local_parts = ${if exists{LOCAL_USERS}{LOCAL_USERS}{*}}

    # Otherwise, fallback to just check_local_user
    local_user:
        debug_print = "R: local_user for $local_part@$domain"
        driver = accept
        verify_only
        require_files = ! LOCAL_USERS
        check_local_user

My guess is there's a better way to do that.

And, how do I check if the connection if from the localhost or via
-bs? If it's locally generated mail then I don't want to limit to
what's in LOCAL_USERS. "hosts = ! @ : 127.0.0.1" doesn't work in a
Router, right?

BTW -- for -bs in an ACL you can check

    hosts = :

can that be negated?

    hosts = ! :

> should do it - 'check_local_user' is presumably a superset of the
> users in your local_users file, so is redundant

I left "check_local_user" on there because I did want to make sure
there is a real user to deliver to, not just that it's in LOCAL_USERS.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@???