Re: [exim] Time based conditionals in ACLs

Autor: Ian Eiloart
A: Stephen Gran, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Time based conditionals in ACLs

--On 13 November 2006 21:53:30 +0000 Stephen Gran <steve@???> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 01:39:47PM -0800, Marc Perkel said:
>> Is there a way to do a time based conditional in an ACL? Like I want to
>> do something different for one minute out of every 5?
>
> Yes, use modulo on a time operator.
>
> _Why_ you would want to do such a thing, I have no idea.
> --

Perhaps for sampling. For example, instead of rejecting all bad HELO's, you
could reject 80% of them, and pass 20% through a spam filter. You could use
this either to monitor the effectiveness of the HELO test (if you were
worried about FPs), or to train the spam filter (if you were confident
about the HELO tests.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex