Re: [exim] Exim does NOT run DNSBL and Spam checks if mail i…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Tim Jackson
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Exim does NOT run DNSBL and Spam checks if mail is received from secondary mail server
Aleksandr V. Galiyev wrote:

> Secondary mail server is running on Windows and used only for MX
> backup purposes. Simple saying - just receiving mail and sending it
> to my primary mail server. (Argosoft Mailbag).
>
> After running with the above configuration for about 24 hours - I
> got tons of SPAM and every single spam message was received by my
> secondary mail server.

Well, when you're doing DNSBL lookups on mail that's passed through your
secondary, the IP you're looking up is that of your secondary. Either
lose the secondary mailserver, or configure it identically to your primary.

Many people don't need a secondary. Are you *sure* you really need one?
You can't really do spam scanning properly (and responsibly, without
generating collateral spam yourself in the form of bounces) if you have
a dumb secondary that just forwards mail.

Tim