Re: [exim] Time based conditionals in ACLs

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Time based conditionals in ACLs
Marc Perkel wrote:

> Chris Lightfoot wrote:

>>> Yes, use modulo on a time operator.
>>>
>> probably easier to do a regex match on $tod_zulu, for
>> instance,
>>
>>     ${if match{$tod_zulu}{[05]Z\$}{ ... }fail}

>> or similar.
>>

> Thanks Chris - that works. What I want to do is basically leave message
> in the logs of hosts with bad reverse lookup with the hope that they
> will fix it. Here's my code.
>
> defer    message = DEFER - Your REVERSE DNS is broken on IP
> $sender_host_address Please FIX IT!
>     condition = ${if eq{$sender_host_name}{}}
>     condition = ${if match{$tod_zulu}{[05]Z\$}{yes}{no}}

> The idea here is I return a temp error 1 in 5 times. Not enough to block
> them. But enough to maybe get people's attention when they look at their
> logs. Hopefully someone will notice it and fix it.
>
> I recommend that everyone do this and if they did it would improve
> things in general.

If you do at least a host -v, dig, or whois on a sampling of those arrivals, you
will probably find yourself trying to modify the behaviour of zombified WinBoxen
on dynamic IP.

Hardly likely to 'improve things in general' - unless you own stock in the local
power grid.

Bill