Re: [exim] How do I specify "mail.example.com port 8025" in …

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: Exim, Users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] How do I specify "mail.example.com port 8025" in my exim4 configuration?
On 13 Nov 2006 23:20:21 +0100, Alan Mackenzie <acm@???> wrote:
> Hi, exim-users!
>
> I'm trying to run exim4, as supplied with Debian 3.1 "Sarge", on my home
> box. I'd tell you exim4's version number if I could, but running "exim4
> --version" doesn't give the version number, and "exim4 --help" isn't
> helpful.
>
> I need to configure exim4 to send mail from my MUA to a smarthost at
> mail.example.com port 8025.

Your exim4 package on Debian comes with its own help, all of which is
linked from

http://pkg-exim4.alioth.debian.org/

...which URL is apparently found prominently in the place that Debian
users should expect to find such things. You'll find a mailling list
there which will help you with your Debian-specific query.

People here could help you solve your problem with generic Exim (it's
actually quite striaghtforward) but based on the rest of your message,
that's not what you need.

Peter
--
Peter Bowyer