[exim] How do I specify "mail.example.com port 8025" in my e…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Alan Mackenzie
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] How do I specify "mail.example.com port 8025" in my exim4 configuration?
Hi, exim-users!

I'm trying to run exim4, as supplied with Debian 3.1 "Sarge", on my home
box. I'd tell you exim4's version number if I could, but running "exim4
--version" doesn't give the version number, and "exim4 --help" isn't
helpful.

I need to configure exim4 to send mail from my MUA to a smarthost at
mail.example.com port 8025.

I've tried mainly typing "dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config", and trying
various things at the "Enter the name of the machine to which outgoing
mail will be sent" prompt. I've tried "mail.example.com:8025",
"mail.example.com::8025", "123.45.67.89:8025", "[123.45.67.89]:8025", and
several other varieties along the same lines. None has worked.

Incidentally, it isn't helpful being told, on typing "exim4 -q -v", that
"hey, the timeout for message <X> hasn't expired, so I'm going to ignore
your request". If I didn't want to attempt the delivery, I wouldn't have
typed the command. [And yes, I know now there is "exim4 -d -M <message
number>", but the 2 hours it took me to find out about this doesn't feel
like time well spent.]

Incidentally 2, I've spent upwards of 30 hours (much of it twiddling
my thumbs waiting for multi-minute timeouts to expire) trying to figure
out how to configure exim4. I haven't succeeded.

I've done a quick search of this mailing list's achive and found my
question asked about 2 years ago and answered by Philip Hazel in