Re: [exim] I cannot get demime file extension blocking worki…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Adrian
CC: exim users, W B Hacker
Assumpte: Re: [exim] I cannot get demime file extension blocking working
On Mon, 13 Nov 2006, Adrian wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. Can I ask one more question. How do I
> perform an acl_check_data only on certain domains?

You can't. This probably the most frequently misunderstood feature of
SMTP. Messages may contain more than one recipient. By the time you get
to acl_check_data, it is too late to do anything on a per-recipient
basis. Everything you do there has to be on a per-message basis.

> For example, I only want to block .exe and .mp3 files to a couple
> of domains and let the rest do what they want.

The only way to do this is to temporarily reject some recipients if a
message arrives with a mixture of recipient requirements. Some people
seem to be OK with this way of doing things; others don't like it very
much. Then use an ACL variable to remember what kind of check you want
to do at acl_check_data time.

> The acl_check_data doesn't seem to allow the domains clause.

... because there may be many recipient domains.