Re: [exim] replace Received From:

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Vicente
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] replace Received From:

thanks a lot for your lights. I will try with those predefined adjustments.

About the Law issues, I'm not any expert. However, I assume that when
I put the authentic name of my domain.com theorigin would be preserved.
I mean, when somebody use a web-client email like Squirrel or any
other, the client IP will not be present but just the server IP
sending that message. When the client IP would be saved in a server
log, it is not different of many commercial services. There are a lot
of forums and e-mail lists in where messages doesn't contain the
client IP because are re-sent by the local machine.

Then maybe I can put the authentic IP of the server as happens when an
e-mail is sent using Squirrel. Here there is not falsehood and the
access would be preserved in the server. A message can be traced
until that access and the customer would be protected of anybody in
the planet who can know where he lives.

As I told you before, I'm not an expert in these things. Do you think
this can be right in a general Law sense?

Btw, can you help me with some ideas for this replacement and the
right place to put it in exim.conf?. I'm a php programmer but not
perl. :(

I'm using exim+sendmail and spamassasin.

Comments or help would be greatly appreciated

best regards,