[exim] Spam and virus scanning mini-HOWTO: update

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim users
Subject: [exim] Spam and virus scanning mini-HOWTO: update
After a very long period where it has got rather out of date, I have
finally updated my mini-HOWTO on spam and virus scanning.

Things have got a lot easier in the last two years, what with Exiscan
merging with Exim and ClamAV/SpamAssassin now widely available and
pre-packaged with mainstream distributions. I also don't really have
the time to maintain this document, especially since now that distro
packaging is widespread, the main issues boil down to knowing the
subtleties of specific packaging; the whole point of distros is that
they make stuff work "out of the box" or as near as.

Nonetheless I know (from volumes of downloads and e-mails received) that
a fair number of people have made use of it over time, it's heavily
linked from various places and people on this list do sometimes refer
newbies to it, so I felt a moral obligation to bring it reasonably up to
date.

It won't be of interest to anyone who's already set up and working, but
hopefully it will be useful to some new users.

The page it's linked from is here:

http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/exim.php

and the document itself is (as ever) here - existing links will still
work and will point to the new version:

http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/Exim-SpamAndVirusScanning.pdf

Anything egregiously wrong with it, let me know.

Tim