Re: [exim] adding a header to a message in an ACL, even whe…

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] adding a header to a message in an ACL, even when the condition defers
Josip Rodin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to do this:
>
>   warn message = X-Exim-ACL-envelope-sender-verify: failed ($acl_verify_message)
>        !verify = sender/callout=60s

> ...and that's all good, *unless* it defers, in which case I get no header :(
>
> Adding defer_ok makes the warn verb not run at all, so I get no header
> either.
>
> The docs for add_header (added in 4.61) don't seem to imply any difference
> in this regard.
>
> What exactly do I want to do here instead of the above? :)
>
> Perhaps something like:
>
>   accept !verify = sender/callout=60s
>          set acl_m7 = true
>   warn message = X-Exim-ACL-envelope-sender-verify: failed ($acl_verify_message)
>        condition acl_m7 = true

> ?

This example wroks, but is NOT a sender verification.

All you should need to do is make that substitution and adjust the header and
logging text:

   # DATA_6: IF header address  NOT syntactically correct THEN warn.
   #
   warn
     !condition  = ${if ge{$acl_m0}{2}}
     !condition  = ${if ge{$acl_m1}{2}}
     !verify     = header_syntax
     set acl_m4  = ${eval:$acl_m4 + 1}
     set acl_m8  = ${eval:$acl_m8 + 1}
     add_header  = X-Trash: RFC Violation - malformed headers
     log_message = D6 $acl_m3 Trashmarked. RFC2822 syntax violation

The other !conditions and set acl are side issues - left in place just to
illustrate that you can do 'other things'.

NOTE:

warn, deny, accept verbs have different rules for when they exit the case
structure.

So, too with !condition =     condition =

Sequencing appropriate to each class of verb is very important!

Bill