Re: [exim] "all spamd servers failed" after updating to spa…

Góra strony
Autor: Renaud Allard
Dla: exim users
Temat: Re: [exim] "all spamd servers failed" after updating to spamassassin 3.1.7-1

Marc Haber wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> on November 7, I updated spamassassin on my personal Debian stable
> system from (a backported) 3.1.5 to (also backported) 3.1.7. In Debian
> terminology, a backport means that one takes a package from the
> unstable or testing distribution and rebuilds it for use on stable.
>
> Since that backup, I have numerous spamassassin-related error messages
> in my panic log:
>
> 2006-11-07 09:38:11 1GhMTD-0002Ym-He spam acl condition: warning - spamd connection to 127.0.0.1, port 783 failed: Connection refused
> 2006-11-07 09:38:11 1GhMTD-0002Ym-He spam acl condition: all spamd servers failed

Obviously, your spamd daemon is not listening on 127.0.0.1. Check if it
is not listening only on the unix socket.
Take also care of where your configuration files resides. I think on
Debian, spamassassin configuration is in /etc/spamassassin, while it is
in /etc/mail/spamassassin for stock installs. Maybe the backport changed
the config lacalisations and you daemon is only listening in the unix
socket like the default install.