Re: [exim] $interface_address, was: Paging Marc Perkel: rDN…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] $interface_address, was: Paging Marc Perkel: rDNS on junkemailfilter.com checking host(s)
Andrew - Supernews wrote:

> No, the problem occurs only if the interface = option is set using
> some per-message variable, and isn't the same for every message.

Far more generic an issue than 'interface' alone.

That is actually the legacy of the queue architecture and its runners - not
originally designed for per-separate-domain or matched-to-interface use.

The same issue arises even with multiple, separate configuration files and
separate invocations of the (same) binaries.

The BFBI fix is to process only one outbound message at a time.

A more appropriate fix would require compile-time settings to use separate
storage areas - and more.

In that case, it is probably less of a maintenance hassle to leave each instance
bog-standard and just 'jail' them with fully separate resources and storage.

The longer-term fix is to alter the way the queue is structured (per-domain
and/or per-interface) and how runners traverse it (restricted to their own tree
only).

Not a casual item, AFAIK.

But I'll be wanting to have a closer at source...

Bill