Re: [exim] Ratelimit Tricks

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dean Brooks
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Ratelimit Tricks
On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 01:55:21AM +0800, W B Hacker wrote:
> Dean Brooks wrote:
>
> > Imagine the above ACL. Sure, it will start denying them when they have
> > sent more than 10 bad recipients in an hour. But how can you write that
> > ACL to check the ratelimit even if they havent sent a bad recipient?
> >
> > You can't, because there is no way to read a ratelimit value without
> > incrementing.
>
> Fer hem's sake - the Exim source code is on the server...
>
> A few minutes with grep and a look into the files and it should become apparent
> that ratelimit makes use of the DB.

Because dipping directly into the DB files does not guarantee future
compatibility and a permanent place in the spec.

> If this is *really* useful, what is wrong with reading that DB with tools of
> one's own?

It really is that useful for anyone doing any sort of advanced
limiting. With this ability, the ratelimiting code would be extremely
powerful and would eliminate the need for external databases for most
types of limiting.

I'll see if I can submit a patch in the next couple of weeks for review.

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???