Re: [exim] Ratelimit Tricks

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dave Evans
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Ratelimit Tricks
On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 11:59:19AM -0500, Eli wrote:
> What about something like this (which was what I was thinking):
>
> warn condition = ... bad recipient ...
>      ratelimit = 1/1h/per_cmd
>      delay = 30s

> Or have I missed something?

Yes, you missed this sentence:

"At some point in the transaction, you need to check the current ratelimit
value without incrementing (since you still want to check the ratelimit
value even if they are sending to a valid recipient)."

The poster wants to test the "ratelimit" condition somewhere /other/ than what
causes the ratelimit to be exceeded. i.e. testing and triggering are done at
separate times.

--
Dave Evans
Power Internet