Re: [exim] Ratelimit Tricks

Autor: Eli
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Ratelimit Tricks
Dean wrote:
> If you are just trying to do a simple check to see if someone is over
> a limit, there is no way to check a ratelimit value without incrementing
> at least once.

What about something like this (which was what I was thinking):

warn condition = ... bad recipient ...
     ratelimit = 1/1h/per_cmd
     delay = 30s

I have no clue if this works though - I spent all of 5 minutes thinking over
the problem and coming up with what I hope is a solution. The thought
process is that if and ONLY if the condition is true (ie, there was a bad
recipient and you DO want to increment the ratelimit count), then the
ratelimit is checked (and incremented - which is the correct method of op
here), and finally if the ratelimit is found to be exceeded, the delay of
30s is applied.

Or have I missed something? I have yet to actually use the ratelimit
command to actually do anything other than just log ratelimits (since I had
no idea what limits to set, and never got around to it).

Eli.