Re: [exim] Hostnames

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: 'Exim Maillist'
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Hostnames
On 11/10/06 1:23 AM, "Renaud Allard" <renaud@???> wrote:

> If everyone in the world was required to have matching HELO, PTR, A
> record, blocking spam would become more trivial as zombies would be
> identified very easily and you would just have to have a list of spam
> sending servers. That's why I think we should slowly evolve to such a
> behavior. But that's my own opinion.

Considering how long we've been slowly evolving toward RFC 2821 (which isn't
"done" yet), I wonder how long it will take to go beyond RFC 2821 to an RFC
with MUSTs around the helo data and reaction to bad helo data. Once there
IS such an RFC, finalized, than the world can slowly evolve toward that.

2030?

--John