Re: [exim] Ratelimit Tricks

Author: Eli
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Ratelimit Tricks
Marc wrote:
> So what I need apparently is a pair of acls and trying to understand how
> it works. The first ACL will need to read the rate into an ACL variable
> without adding to the total. I guess if I had a condition in the acl
> that forced it to be false then the count wouldn't increase? But if it's
> false, can I set the variable?

Perhaps this may be of help:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.60/doc/html/spec.html/ch39.html#SECTratelimiting

Of interest to you should be the per_cmd option to the ratelimit engine.
Mix it with your test for an invalid address so it will record a hit (based
on sender IP), and set your limits. After the ratelimit test, use a delay
of your choice.

Untested, but sounds plausible.

Eli.