Re: [exim] DynaStop - What it still needs - review

Autor: Eli
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] DynaStop - What it still needs - review
Marc wrote:
> So - who wants to jump in and do this right on the config file?

I fail to see the incentive for someone to "jump in" and do work for you,
though perhaps I'm blinded by my inability to see why I'd want to use
DynaStop instead of a reputable DUL list.

Either way, it seems that you can't just make such a simple request - you
need a massive list of KNOWN dynamic IP hostnames to derive regex patterns
from, and even then, I know of no tool that can take a bunch of strings and
generate a regex pattern that should never fail. I've spent hours on
creating a regular expression before, and I surely don't see any reason to
pour through millions of hostnames to make some.

But hey, maybe that's just me. I'd rather teach you how to create your own
regular expressions than do the legwork for you. Heck, on the url you
provided, there was even a document on how they work - I'd suggest you study
it and practice, that way you can make your own config file for DynaStop and
make it do exactly what you want.

Eli.