Re: [exim] SORBS

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Walt Reed
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] SORBS
On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 11:20:45AM -0000, Hill Ruyter said:
> I understand all your points and they are all very valid
> however should it be the case that someone be completely blocked purely on
> the basis of a dynamic IP ?
>
> Certainly mark it as suspect.
> even put it in a spam folder.
> that way the recipient can stick it through your BAYES and learn it as spam
> or ham as required.
>
> I just think it is a little draconian to block purely because of one suspect
> attribute.
>
> To use your analogy of the airport
>
> a certain profile of person may raise more suspicion than another and may be
> more closely checked through security.
> Having that profile does not stop that person getting on the plane unless
> the closer checks reveal other attributes that raise suspicion.
> Imagine if they said you could not fly because you are Asian, Muslim or have
> a long beard !

Using a dynamic IP is like trying to go through airport security with a
loaded gun strapped to your hip. You will get denied access, and
probably end up on the No-Fly list that is IMPOSSIBLE to get off of,
EVER.

Such is a fact of life. Terrorists have made it impossible to go
back to the days (a long time ago) where it was OK to take guns on
commercial flights, just like spammers have made it (nearly) impossible
to use a dynamic IP for outbound mail. You can scream, cry, stomp your
feet, or whatever, you will not change this fact. Even if you somehow
managed to convince everyone on THIS list to change their opinions, you
won't change everyone elses (such as AOL, Verizon, Earthlink,
Roadrunner, comcast, and just about every other major ISP.)