Re: [exim] HELO delays

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeremy Harris
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] HELO delays
Clive Goodhead wrote:
> For some months now we have used a HELO ACL to delay by
> 35 seconds all connections with suspicious looking HELOs.

I agree with other people that processes, at least on Unix
aren't all that expensive. However, if your processing
involves database lookups, the cost of an open connection into
a DB may also be relevant (depending on your processing
sequence). If this affects you then consider if any of the
early DB lookups access read-mostly data which could be
periodically dumped to file, or a local CDB, or a local
DNSBL.

Cheers,
    Jeremy