Re: [exim] HELO delays

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Para: Clive Goodhead, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] HELO delays

quite enough.

>> Of course, the only resources you need to worry about are process
>> count (some systems have limits to the number of concurrent processes, so
>> you should find out what your limit is), and RAM. The waiting process
>> won't actually do any processing, disk access or network access.
>
> I can use the logs to estimate the numbers of delayed processes
> and thus investigate whether process limits will be a problem.
> Do you have any ideas, however, on how I can find out how much
> RAM a delayed process will use? We use Exim 4.63 and FreeBSD 4.11
> on our current production servers.

ps -aux | egrep 'exim|PID' | head

exiwhat will tell you what a process is doing.

should help. The size will depend on how you've built exim. Oh, and you
need to be concerned about the total number of exim processes, rather than
the number of delayed ones. Of course, the proportion of delayed processes
may