Re: [exim] HELO delays

Autor: Chris Lightfoot
A: Clive Goodhead
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] HELO delays
On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 11:56:17AM -0000, Clive Goodhead wrote:
> Do you have any ideas, however, on how I can find out how much
> RAM a delayed process will use? We use Exim 4.63 and FreeBSD 4.11
> on our current production servers.

Rather than trying to predict it, measure it. Write a test
program which creates a number of connections to the mail
server, issues a bad HELO, and then waits, and see how
much memory is used as a function of the number of such
connections in use. Fit a line through the results and its
slope tells you the marginal cost per such connection. I
would expect it to be small.

--
``Pirates only run for two things: money and public office.''
(`Yosemite Sam')