Re: [exim] $interface_address, was: Paging Marc Perkel: rDN…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: W B Hacker
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] $interface_address, was: Paging Marc Perkel: rDNS on junkemailfilter.com checking host(s)
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Jakob Hirsch wrote:
>
>> I'd say so. There were some people on the list stumbling over that, so
>> it seems to be not that obvious. Probably even in detail, like "It is
>> not set on outgoing connections, as Exim does not know the address the
>> OS will choose."
>
> But it *is* set on outgoing connections - to the value it had when the
> message was received!

- ah.. you mean it is stored in the undelivered queue the same as acl_m
variables on exiting acl_smtp_data?

...and one *does not* have to go thru the Tinker-to-Evers-to-Chance handoff to
assure the stored value is available to router/transport sets?

> Maybe $interface_address and $interface_port should be renamed as
> $received_interface_address and $received_interface_port. Would that
> help?

Immensely so!

Or even: in_ip and in_port