Re: [exim] Paging Marc Perkel: rDNS on junkemailfilter.com c…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: exim users
CC: W B Hacker
Assumptes nous: [exim] $interface_address, was: Paging Marc Perkel: rDNS on junkemailfilter.com checking host(s)
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Paging Marc Perkel: rDNS on junkemailfilter.com checking host(s)
On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Jakob Hirsch wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken, $interface_address and $interface_port are only set
> for incoming connections. This should probably be said in the spec. Philip?

The spec says:

$interface_address

    As soon as a server starts processing a TCP/IP connection, this variable is
    set to the address of the local IP interface, and $interface_port is set to
    the port number. These values are therefore available for use in the
    "connect" ACL. See also the -oMi command line option. As well as being used
    in ACLs, these variable could be used, for example, to make the file name
    for a TLS certificate depend on which interface and/or port is being used.

Perhaps I should add the word "incoming", just in case it isn't obvious.