Re: [exim] SORBS

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Malcolm Staudinger
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] SORBS
Hill Ruyter wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to garner opinion here
>
> I have found that my mailserver is being blocked by SORBS
>
> I sit on an ADSL2 connection and due to this being new technology the ISP is
> unable to issue me with a fixed address just now and so I am on a dynamic
> address and use dyndns to host my mail and web for about 4 domains
>
> I have had no trouble up until now and then suddenly I find my address
> listed in SORBS by nature of a bounced e-mail
>
> Is this an accepted practice

RBLs are just lists of IPs that meet a listing criteria. SORBS-DUHL is a
list of dynamic IP addresses. It's pretty standard practice for RBLs to
operate like they say they do

The real question is why someone would block solely on that listing, as
being dynamic isn't necessarily an indication of the spaminess of an IP.
Dialup/dynamic lists are better utilized in a weighted scoring system
rather than a simple block.
Until you get a non-dynamic IP, SORBS won't delist you, as you still
meet their listing criteria. You should contact the mail admin of
whomever you are sending to and see if they can whitelist you.
Another option would be to smarthost via your ISP's mailserver.

Malcolm