[exim] from option in autoreply transport

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] from option in autoreply transport
Hi,

I'm trying to make an autoreply transport, for vacation messages on a host
without access to user directories.

I've made this transport:

address_reply:
driver = autoreply
current_directory = /local/adm/mail/vacation
from = ${local_part}@$domain

which sort of works if I also specify "user = exim" in either the transport
or the router.

I say "sort of" because the "from" option doesn't seem to set anything when
specified in the transport. Instead, the message appears to come from
exim@sussex... It does work when "from" is specified in the user filter
from which the transport is called.

I'd like to get this working without running as root, and giving everyone
access to the vacation directory. I also don't want to have to rewrite all
the user filters before deploying this.

Am I missing something wrt the transport options? Or, have I found a bug?

Exim version 4.62 #1 built 08-Sep-2006 12:41:36

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex