Re: [exim] DynaStop - It works for me.

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Para: Chris Lightfoot
CC: exim users, Mar Matthias Darin
Assunto: Re: [exim] DynaStop - It works for me.

--On 9 November 2006 15:18:22 +0000 Chris Lightfoot <chris@???>
wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 03:09:59PM +0000, Ian Eiloart wrote:
>> --On 9 November 2006 11:56:13 +0000 Chris Lightfoot
>> <chris@???>  wrote:
>     [...]

>> > this is great until one of your users wants to receive
>> > (say) a confirmation email link sent by a website.
>> >
>> Yes, you can achieve a lot by selective quoting. Perhaps I should repeat
>> myself:
>>
>> "In the other case, where the recipient has asked for an email to be
>> sent, they'll know it's missing because it isn't in their mailbox."
>
> but what do they do in that case? if the message is
> accessible to them, they just have to copy it from their
> spam folder; otherwise they have to wait for the weekly
> report, or go and hassle the admin, or whatever.

That's a different question from "how do they know?", which is the one that
I was attempting to answer.

Anyway, you've answered the question.

My question to you is this. Suppose the email is an important email, and
it's languishing in a spam folder. How does the sender know that the
message hasn't arrived? Answer: there's no way to know. Of course, the
recipient doesn't know either.

Putting an email in a spam folder only helps when the recipient is
expecting the email, and that often isn't the case.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex