Re: [exim] Paging Marc Perkel: rDNS on junkemailfilter.com c…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Paging Marc Perkel: rDNS on junkemailfilter.com checking host(s)
On Wednesday 08 November 2006 19:38, Larry Rosenman took the opportunity to
say:
> Marc Sherman wrote:
> > Larry Rosenman wrote:
> >> Marc Perkel,
> >>     Your junkemailfilter.com server that does the sender verify has
> >> what looks to be dynamic/generic rDNS.  This causes MY server to
> >> reject your sender verify:
> >> Nov  8 08:12:24 thebighonker exim[32310]: H=5.ctyme.com
> >> (pascal.ctyme.com) [69.50.231.5]:35579 I=[192.147.25.65]:25
> >> F=<sender-verify@???> rejected RCPT
> >> <ler@???>: EL: () in EL list

> >> Can you get the rDNS to be more legitimate?
> >
> > What's wrong with that rDNS? Is it because of the 5? That seems like
> > a bit of an overzealous rule on your part, Larry.
> >
> > - Marc (not Perkel)
>
> It doesn't match the host name in the HELO, doesn't match the domain name
> in the
> MAIL FROM:<>.

IMHO it should be sufficient if the HELO name resolves to the IP address the
connection comes from,

> BUT, from my perspective, as a "junkemailfilter", the DNS should be perfect
> for
> The hosts they use, from a credibility standpoint.

but I can agree with that; however, at least the domain matches. Heck, do you
complain to Hotmail as well?

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)