Re: [exim] Paging Marc Perkel: rDNS on junkemailfilter.com c…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: Larry Rosenman
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Paging Marc Perkel: rDNS on junkemailfilter.com checking host(s)
Quoting Larry Rosenman:

>>> Nov 8 08:12:24 thebighonker exim[32310]: H=5.ctyme.com
>>> (pascal.ctyme.com) [69.50.231.5]:35579 I=[192.147.25.65]:25
>>> Can you get the rDNS to be more legitimate?
>> What's wrong with that rDNS? Is it because of the 5? That seems like
>> a bit of an overzealous rule on your part, Larry.
>>
>> - Marc (not Perkel)
>
> It doesn't match the host name in the HELO, doesn't match the domain name in
> the MAIL FROM:<>.

I'm really reluctant to answer back for MP, but: So what? There is
nothing saying it has to be this way. The only guarantee for the HELO
host name is that it exists (which you can check) and belongs to the
client host (which you cannot check, for 'check' being anything better
than 'guess'). And if you look closely, the EHLO name resolves to just
the client's source IP address, which is not even necessary for
compliance, but should really be sufficient if you have such tests.

> BUT, from my perspective, as a "junkemailfilter", the DNS should be perfect

I will not comment on this...