Re: [exim] strange problem with smarthosts

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ian FREISLICH
A: Guo Wei-Wei
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] strange problem with smarthosts
"Guo Wei-Wei" wrote:
> Sorry, Marc. I couldn't access internet for days until last Sunday. I
> failed to notice your replay until Ian's mail pulled this thread up to
> the top of my mails.
>
> Thank you, Ian. I tried your configuration, but I got the same
> results. The results make me wander that exim is looking at the TO
> area instead of the FROM area. And I'm also wandering that there are
> something wrong with my MUA.
>
> There are something I should explain first. In the previous mails, I
> used the "me@???". I find it's confusing, because my email
> account is wwguo and my local user is also wwguo. To avoid changing
> anything wrong, I just let it be in this mail. My another email
> account is the gmail account, me@???, which requires TLS and
> wwguo@??? do not.
>
> First, I use Gnus as my MUA. I commented out the following line.
>
> ;; (setq user-mail-address "wwguo@???")
>
> and then when I send a mail from wwguo@??? to
> another@???, the results changed from
>
> >2006-10-28 14:08:55 1GdhNH-0007gh-6s <= wwguo@localhost U=wwguo

It works on envelope sender, and as far as I can tell, your envelope
sender never changes. It's always wwguo@localhost. Fix that -
it's your MUA that's messing you around. Try delivering a mail
yourself to your SMTP port using hand typed SMTP, and I'm pretty
sure thing will work.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich