Re: [exim] DynaStop - It works for me.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mar Matthias Darin
A: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] DynaStop - It works for me.
Hello,

Graeme Fowler writes:

> That usually comes to light when the original sender files a complaint.
>
> Right now, in my day job, if we notified every recipient that a message
> to them had been blocked we'd end up with an increase of 4 times the
> amount of mail in people's inboxes (on average, many would be less but
> some would be far greater).
>
> One one system I run (for a very small user base) I educate people to
> put the spams that get through in a specific, shared, folder so that we
> can all learn from them (including the system). Between us we then
> assume that everything in their inbox is not spam. As far as I know, in
> three years of running this, we have only ever had a single set of FPs
> and they came, repeatedly, from Yahoo! e-group digest messages which
> seem to have _dreadfully_ bad HTML formatting.
>
> Aside from that, none. As the system I'm on about is only used by my
> wife and I, we'd get told fairly quickly if a message was rejected when
> it shouldn't be. Or maybe that's the point of this - maybe, in actual
> fact, we'd get no such thing.

What you are describing here is not that different than what I run. The
only fifference that I can see at this point is that I require all messages
to be seen once for user interaction and identification. I have found this
to be the "ideal" situation. Like, I too hear about it very quickly when
messages start missing (my users have my phone number).

Its a double ouch when its a collect call from a user to scream about
missing mail....

## > http://tanaya.net/vmw/
In Memory of First Lieutenant Ronald Paul Winters

Let us not forget First Lieutenant Ronald Paul Winters, casualty of
the Vietnam War. As a member of the Army Reserve, 1LT Winters served
our country until August 16th, 1967 in Kien Tuong, South Vietnam. He
was 23 years old and was not married. Ronald died from friendly fire.
His body was recovered. Ronald was born on March 24th, 1944 in St
Louis, Missouri.

1LT Winters is on panel 25E, line 004 of the Vietnam Memorial Wall in
Washington D.C. He served our country for 2 years.