Re: [exim] DynaStop - It works for me.

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Renaud Allard
To: Chris Lightfoot
CC: exim users, Mar Matthias Darin, Ian Eiloart
Betreff: Re: [exim] DynaStop - It works for me.

Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 04:06:14PM +0100, Renaud Allard wrote:
>>
>> Ian Eiloart wrote:
>>> --On 3 November 2006 16:38:19 -0600 Mar Matthias Darin <BDarin@???>

>>> Except that the holy grail of spam filtering is to save the "recipient"
>>> from being troubled by the spam.
>>>
>> And further, if the spam goes into the recipient mailbox, then the
>> recipient receives the spam. So there is no point bothering running a
>> spam filter at all as all spams go where spammers want them to go.
>
> how do you allow the recipient to discover when mail they
> wanted has been blocked?

Those who wish to see blocked mails can receive a weekly report of all
blocked mails to their addresses with the 5xx code corresponding to the
rejection.

The sender will always (with a "normal" SMTP server) get a meaningful
error message if their mail has been improperly blocked. All mails are
blocked in the SMTP transaction by exim ACLs, so the mail server from
the sender will make the error message itself. If the sender's
mailserver doesn't produce a bounce to its own user in case of
misclassification, then it's buggy and the sender should fix _his_
problem. If the sender has problems and doesn't understand why the mail
has been blocked, he generally phones to the recipient or at least try
to get in touch with him, and we can work to investigate the problem
together.