Re: [exim] DynaStop - It works for me.

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Renaud Allard
Para: Ian Eiloart
CC: exim users, Mar Matthias Darin
Assunto: Re: [exim] DynaStop - It works for me.

Ian Eiloart wrote:

> --On 3 November 2006 16:38:19 -0600 Mar Matthias Darin <BDarin@???>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> Chris Lightfoot writes:
>>> no! you need to ask the recipient of the mail whether they
>>> wanted to receive it. That is the only way you can tell
>>> whether it was spam or not -- users don't typically care
>>> about idiotic conditions which ISPs try to apply to them
>>> or to other people (and rightly so).
>> If the system was set up properly to begin with, the only results you
>> should have to evaulate is what your end-user has already determined as
>> spam. Any message that is suspicious should always be tagged with a warn
>> first.
>
> Except that the holy grail of spam filtering is to save the "recipient"
> from being troubled by the spam.

And further, if the spam goes into the recipient mailbox, then the
recipient receives the spam. So there is no point bothering running a
spam filter at all as all spams go where spammers want them to go.

A spam filter that only adds a tag like [SPAM_SUSPECT] to the subject of
the mails is useless, and worse it delays mails a bit and waste
resources. It can even cause mail loss as most users will just create a
rule to delete all mails containing the tag, and no one (sender or
recipient) is warned that a mail failed to be delivered.