[exim] Explanation of Exim's behaviour when doing a linear l…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul McIlfatrick
A: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] Explanation of Exim's behaviour when doing a linear lookup of 'recipients' in a flat file
I was made postmaster of an existing Exim system and after a few weeks I
upgraded it to version 4.63 and then introduced a linear lookup of a flat
file which I created so that e-mails for those who have left the company
will be discarded early in the SMTP dialogue. In the Exim config file I
added the following line in the acl_smtp_rcpt ACL:

deny   recipients    =     lsearch;/etc/exim/reject-list

and the lines in the reject-list file are of the format:

aperson@???:    :departed:

What I find is the lookup works if the localpart of the full e-mail that is
in the flat file is also defined in a static.aliases file (e.g. aperson:
:blackhole:). The config file only refers to the static.aliases once.

If I remove the definition from the static.aliases file and restart Exim
then the linear lookup of the flat file for aperson@??? fails!
Restoring the definition to the static.aliases file and restarting Exim
results in the lookup working again.

Could any of you experts enlighten me as to what is happening?

Thanks

Paul McIlfatrick