Re: [exim] Viewing compiled-in settings

Autor: Dave Evans
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Viewing compiled-in settings
On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 09:46:18AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> ... or are you referring to the rare situation where CONFIGURE_FILE
> contains more than one file? In that case, I think you've found the only
> answer already:
>
> > '/usr/bin/strings' reveals all :-)

Exactly so, but I was hoping for something more 'scientific' than strings,
strace or similar.

Likewise it would be nice to find the identity of the compiled-in "exim user";
but I suppose you can always do "exim -C /dev/null -bP | grep ^exim_user" to
find that. That trick probably works for just about everything except
CONFIGURE_FILE.

Perhaps "-bV" could be adjusted so that CONFIGURE_FILE is displayed?

--
Dave Evans
Power Internet

PGP key: http://powernet.co.uk/~davide/pgpkey