Re: [exim] Support Vacuum

Góra strony
Autor: Exim Mailing List
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Support Vacuum
On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 05:18:48PM -0000, Hill Ruyter wrote:
<snip>
> Cool thanks I had no idea that
> /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/examples/example.conf.gz was in anyway different
> from the example provided in exim4.conf.template
> I will have to go and read it to see if I learn something although my server
> is now running ok (I think).
> I was also not aware from any documents I have read that I should/could
> change the name from exim4.conf.template to exim4.conf

No, that's not what I wrote. You can't just rename exim4.conf.template.

What I wrote was:
> > /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/examples/example.conf.gz is a lot easier
> > than working through /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template.

You could uncompress /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/examples/example.conf.gz
and use _that_ as an exim4.conf but don't try and decipher
/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template, that way leads to madness.

Steven.
--
This is your fortune.