Re: [exim] Support Vacuum

Autor: Mike Cardwell
A: Exim Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Support Vacuum
* on the Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 04:58:31PM +0000, Steven Wayne wrote:

>>> It should be noted that exim4 on debian supports the one large conf
>>> file. If you put any valid exim configuration file in
>>> /etc/exim4/exim4.conf debian exim will use it as its configuration file.
>> Yes, but that is not adviseable for a newbie. Please do not recommend
>> this to somebody who is not clearly experienced with exim.
> How else are they going to learn?
>
> Working with the default exim.conf from
> /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/examples/example.conf.gz is a lot easier than
> working through /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template. They just have to find it
> first.

I agree. I used Debians Exim4 multi file configuration for quite a
while. I didn't fully grasp what I was doing a lot of the time when
making configuration changes. I then had to start configuring Exim4
on a Fedora system for work related reasons. I found it *much* easier
to work with the single configuration file, and I've been using that
ever since.

Mike

P.S. Debian has been, and continues to be, my OS of choice for the past
7 years.