Re: [exim] Shadow transports

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Stuart Gall
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Shadow transports
On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Stuart Gall wrote:

> Why cant shadow transports be used on non-local transports ?

Because that was never implemented. Back in Exim 3 days, Exim gave up
root privilege in its main delivery process before doing any remote
deliveries; this would have made it particularly complicated. Nowadays
it's a bit different, so might be easier, but I haven't looked at it.

> It would be useful if there was some facility to call a script when a
> non-loacal transport successfully delivers a message

This has been on the Wish List for some time, I seem to recall. Nobody
has got round to doing anything about it yet.