Re: [exim] caution to those blocking files by extension

Autor: Stephen Gran
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] caution to those blocking files by extension
On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 01:55:22AM +0200, Stuart Gall said:
> On 3 Nov 2006, at 15:50, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 03:34:15PM +0200, Brent Clark said:
> >>
> >> condition       = ${if match{$acl_m1}{\N^(
> > [...]
> >>                                          )$\N}{1}{0}}

> > The bug is that you start your regex expects there to be no whitespace
> > between the final dot and the beginning of the extension. You'll want
> > to allow optional whitespace at the beginning (and probably the
> > end) of
> > your regex.
>
> Will windoze execute a file that ends in dot-space-space-space-exe ?
> dosent the os see this as NOT ending in .exe

I think that windows will happily exec the file, but I don't have a
machine to test on.

> I mean the file is getting through because it does not have a .exe
> extension which is Ok.

I don't think that's completely true.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Receiving a million dollars tax free    |
|  steve@???             | will make you feel better than being    |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | flat broke and having a stomach ache.   |
|                                | -- Dolph Sharp, "I'm O.K., You're Not   |
|                                | So Hot"                                 |