Re: [exim] DynaStop - It works for me.

Author: Mar Matthias Darin
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] DynaStop - It works for me.
Hello,

Chris Lightfoot writes:

> no! you need to ask the recipient of the mail whether they
> wanted to receive it. That is the only way you can tell
> whether it was spam or not -- users don't typically care
> about idiotic conditions which ISPs try to apply to them
> or to other people (and rightly so).

If the system was set up properly to begin with, the only results you should
have to evaulate is what your end-user has already determined as spam. Any
message that is suspicious should always be tagged with a warn first. Then
it goes to the user. Finally, the user responds with a this is spam or not
spam.

Once the message has been identified as spam by the user, there should be no
further need for the user to continually identify it. Subsequently, during
your log analysis, there should be a cross reference to the actual spam IP
addresses reported.

-- > http://tanaya.net/vmw/
In Memory of Private George Cecil Melton

Let us not forget Private George Cecil Melton, casualty of the Vietnam
War. As a member of the Marine Corps, PVT Melton served our country
until May 25th, 1969 in Quang Nam, South Vietnam. He was 19 years old
and was not married. George died from small arms fire/grenade. His
body was recovered. George was born on October 4th, 1949 in Three
Rivers, Texas.

PVT Melton is on panel 24W, line 105 of the Vietnam Memorial Wall in
Washington D.C. He served our country for less than a year.