Re: [exim] retry rules with regular expressions

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Zbigniew Szalbot
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] retry rules with regular expressions
On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:

> I would like to handle shorter retry times to all yahoo domains. I know I
> could use the pattern
> yahoo.com
> yahoo.ca
> etc.
>
> Is this the only way to go or can I somehow specify yahoo.* to match all
> yahoo domains and specify shorter max-mail-in-queue time for it?

No. Exim provides only *.something for "ends with". If you want anything
more complicated you have to use a regex. Even for "begins with". :-)
You could try ^[^@]+@yahoo\. as a pattern (wrap it in \N...\N).

... and of course you'll just have to hope that somebody completely
unrelated to Yahoo! doesn't have a domain called yahoo.their.top.domain,
but I guess it wouldn't really matter much if they did.