Re: [exim] SMTP data timeout

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Chris Perry
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Chris Lightfoot
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] SMTP data timeout
Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 10:09:20PM +1100, Chris Perry wrote:
>
>> Marc,
>>
>> Yes, its a residential DSL line.
>>
>> The full line is
>> 2006-11-02 21:27:47 1GfYrR-0002My-UX SMTP data timeout (message
>> abandoned) on connection from dmz-vsgate1.sng.ibb.ubs.com [147.60.1.198]
>>
>> I have upped the timeout via:
>> smtp_receive_timeout = 60m
>> It still does it.
>>

> can you successfully manually complete SMTP transactions
> to the machine from elsewhere? and out from it?

Yes, I can get mail from elsewhere and send as well. I have been in
contact with the the messaging folk at UBS. They can see the messages
on their end sending and then failing and retrying for 4 days before
giving up. The log line above is one instance of this caper.

The UBS folk say their mails are up to 4MB in size. Today I sent a
series of large emails, up to 4MB from another external source to the
target exim4 server. They all worked perfectly. I guess this negates
the requirement for a manual test.

I'm thinking now the problem is some specific relationship between the
UBS server and mine.

I do not know how long the transmission lasts for before failing.
Anyway of logging that?

Regards,
Chris