Re: [exim] Use of delays

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Use of delays
Stephen Gran wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 04:42:18AM +0800, W B Hacker said:
>> This caller never entered the 'full' acl_smtp_helo phase, and our
>> server was never called upon to even give an online acl_smtp_connect
>> rejection message.
>
> I take it you don't offer authenticated smtp relay for your users.
> Makes life simpler, I suppose, and explains some of the black and white.

We offer the full spectrum of authenticated services to our users, most of whom
are frequent travelers within Asia, within Europe, the Americas and among those.

But not on port 25. We *hope* that one will be blocked by the conenctivity provider.

Submission ports and their protocols are given simply different rulesets.
We *expect* their IP blocks to be blacklisted also, so that is not a test
applicable to authenticating MUA submission.

Haven't had to change an MUA setting in *ages*, whether in a Hotel in Spain or a
T-Mobile 'hotspot' anywhere.

We *always* use our own servers.

Bill