Re: [exim] SSL Anomoly? or config error?

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] SSL Anomoly? or config error?
On 11/1/06 3:17 AM, "Hill Ruyter" <hill@???> wrote:

> I am using Outlook express on both machines
> and the default when I configure the SSL service is for the port (25) to
> remain the same
> I was only vaguely aware that there were other ports that could/should be
> used

Outlook Express is a particularly bad (and common) example, in that it
thinks that SSL on any port other than 25 means the long-deprecated (a
decade or so, but OE is that old) SSL-on-connect protocol. And worse, it's
happiest to do this on port 465, which was never officially allocated for
the purpose and now has been assigned to some new Cisco protocol.

Does anyone here with Vista available know whether Microsoft Mail has been
modernized in this regard? (Outlook 2007 seems to have been.)

--John