Re: [exim] DynaStop - I like it!

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: Exim, Users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] DynaStop - I like it!
On 02/11/06, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:

> Peter Bowyer wrote:
> >
> > That's why DynaBlock, dynablock.njabl.org etc exist, and why people
> > use them as part of their mail blocking strategy.
> >

> Is dynablock.njabl.org the same thing as running DynaStop?

It's what Bill's been telling you to do instead of running DynaStop.
It's a DNSBL which lists dynamic IP ranges which have mostly been
submitted by the owning ISPs, specifically in order that people can
block email originating from them.

It's actively maintained, and arguably more accurate than DynaStop,
since it lists real IPs rather than relying on patterns in hostnames.
Bill argues that the caching nature of DNSBL lookups gives this
mechanism an advantage over having to pass every presenting hosts's
RDNS through a load of regexps - he's probably right for some patterns
of traffic.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer