Re: [exim] Rate Limit Question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Perkel
A: Jeremy Harris
Cc: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Rate Limit Question

Jeremy Harris wrote:
> Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> Here's the situation. I get a dictionary attack from an IP address. So
>> what I want to do is count bad recipients so that every time I get a bad
>> recitient from an IP address I add 1 to the count.
>>
>> In a separate ACL I want to look at the count and if it is greater than
>> my limit I want to do a defer. But I don't want the defer test to affect
>> the count. But I'm not seeing a way to test a count without adding to
>> the count.
>>
>> The idea here is to have one ACL affect the count but a different ACL to
>> test the cout without affecting it.
>>

> Copy $sender_rate to an acl var after doing a ratelimit condition which
> takes no action. Test that acl val any time later.

So - what you are saying is that if I do an ACL where I have a ratelimit
and there is another condition that fails then the ratelimit won't be
counted and I can extract the ratelimit info to a variable that I can
use in the next ACL?

I'll have to try that.

Would be nice, if Phil is listening - new feature - to have some kind of
a "no-count" option so a count can be tested without counting it.